What should I email back to "We will keep your details on file and contact you if necessary"?

Hi Playgrounders!

How do you respond to the objection “We will keep your details on file and contact you if necessary” by email? I encounter this quite frequently. :blush:

I understand that this is often a polite way of saying they don’t want to be contacted, but I’d like to emphasize that without an introductory meeting to get to know each other, there’s little chance they will reach out to me…

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

My response is simple: all about accepting the decision but pushing a marketing content that can open up on something different than what I previously offer, or that can give them arguments to think twice

Hi @Justin_Mcsh

If you get that response after your first message, it means you probably sold them something and they felt pushed.

That’s the response i give to people who reach out and say " i blablabla , i can help you with your recruitment and provide services of xxxx, can we have a quick chat" .

So perhaps is there something to refine in the introductory message to focus on raising their interest in a pain point or topic you can solve.

And if it’s already the can, in those cases, i reply by aknowledging their decision and thanking them. And share with them a case study or other valuable asset to showcase my expertise and as an opportunity to mildly change their mind.

2 Likes